Tuesday, April 10, 2007

G.I.N.A.S.F.S.




Come Again

I held you in my eyes before

in my arms. I wanted you to make

the move. And so I turned away—

meandering around

in the bar, as if I simply

couldn’t be sure you

were what I was looking for.

And then you played me—turned away

with some other man—you won.

I was so tired of cruising you. Then

we lived some great pornography. Until morning.

I gathered my clothes while you slept.

I didn’t know what to say.

The rumpled sheets, the bottle

of poppers, the well-used

tube of slick glycerin lube—those

were the props

of the one night play

we rehearsed more than once

that night. I moved along

to new players, new games. Forgot you

‘til you called; I thought you were someone else.

We would have to reinvent the sequel

before I would swallow you in again,

in another place and time.

No comments: