Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Will Never Write an Obligatory Song About Being on the Road and Missing Someone


Folks, I apologize for how boring this blog has been of late.

Frankly, most of my positive creative energy is completely devoted to writing letters to Chris. So much so that I don't keep up with my assigned school readings and I haven't written a new poem in months. You've no idea bhow much of a creative drain it is to find the write song title to crib for each post title these days (did anyone even notice when I started doing that?). What's left is the really banal day-to-day, writing about all the parts of life that are miserable or memes just to let you know I'm around.

I imagine reading the banal day-to-day is as boring to read as it is to write, so I haven't done a lot of that.

I don't like the way I feel when I write about the things that bring me misery. I feel as if I'm whining and that you don't come here for that; so I actively avoid complaining as much as I can.

So, when I have a dry week, you get a meme. It would be different if this blog generated an income; I'd have a reason to work at providing interesting and intellectually stimulating conversation topics and postings. But this blog doesn't help pay the bills, so you get what I can give when I can give it, and lately I haven't been feeling the most positive, which impacts my enthusiasm for writing greatness here.

My next two posts will likely be my first two papers in my literary criticism class (mentioned previously in "Hot For Teacher") so you can see what she liked so well that she set me publicly above most of our class.

Griping aside, I love this blog; I love you guys and I love entertaining you guys; I just haven't had it in me lately.

Oh, one last thing: Castpost is broken. Does anyone know of any other audio file hosting sites I can use in order to post the occasional song here?

1 comment:

Adj said...

Hey, understandable. I find anything you post pretty entertaining. I just like hearing how you and the fam are doing, what's rambling around in that magnificent brain of yours, etc. Sometimes creativity isn't there, sometimes time isn't. It happens.

Heck, I'll probably be real boring on my blog for the next while as NHL playoffs start tonight and so I shall be consumed with that for the next two, glorious months.

And man, did I ever pooch Literary Criticism when I had to take it. I don't know why I couldn't wrap my head around it even though its what I was doing in pretty much every class I was taking; reading stuff in English and critizing it. lol