Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wild Wild West 2


Speaking of Deadlands, last Sunday night was the most recent installment of Brian's Deadlands game where I played the Sino-Irish Kung Fu Cowboy. Yeah, that's right, played.

Chien O'Malley died and other long-time nerdgamers will surely commiserate over just how apalling it feels when your character dies in extremely lame ways. In my case, my unconscious character bled out at a time when his compadres could easily have taken care of him. Our battle freshly done, my guy passes out, bleeding to death. Both of our healer types, including our magical healing type, rush to another player to heal him when all he had was a minor head wound. In the minute it takes for magical healing to do its thing, my dude bled out and died. So lame. So lame.

What's lamer is that in the past I had wanted to kill him off and move on to something new and now that I'd reached a point where I liked him and wanted him around a bit longer, his pardners chumped out on him.

Wait'll they get a load of my replacement, a Harrowed Mormon Blessed. Insanity must ensue.

No comments: