Saturday, August 27, 2005

Movie Minute

My friend Robert treated me to a movie tonight and we saw Skeleton Key. A little bit creepy, but not a scary movie (though it did prompt a cool discussion on fear which I'll relate when I'm less tired). I did enjoy the way it ended, as I've always been a fan of movies ended differently than the typical Hollywood happy ending.

p.s. Aimee--thank you. You're an amazing friend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome.

Xo,
Aimee

Anonymous said...

perhaps you should type d. evan peterson into the google search engine and see what comes up. you had links to porno sites here mingled in with pictures of your foster kids. what if one of them was at a friends and entered your name into any search engine because they wanted to show their friend your Web site? all sorts of filthy words show up on ALL the various search engines associated with your name. you aren't quite as lily white as you think. a link to your about last night web site, before you deleted it, was sent to all of the butte county supervisors, judges, sheriff's department and youth and family as well as the da who looked at it well before anyone else was notified via mass buttecounty.net e-mail. you only have yourself to blame. you're are obviously an alcoholic. you spoke of the illicit drugs you use as well. i didn't realize that alcoholics with drug issues who engage in the sort of behavior you spoke of throughout all of your blogging could get licensed. your complete blogs have been saved to pdf files as well as interactive msword documents. if you think you're getting your foster kids back, you are nuts.

Anonymous said...

I think you're very intelligent and it's sad that you're waisting such an obvious talent on something that your children cannot be proud of. What really gets me is that a lot of the men I work with have children who follow in their parent's footsetps and have successful, well-paying jobs because of the example that was set for them. Writers have a special talent and are a special breed. Writing is a obviously your special gift and it is an absolute shame that you aren't better focused. It's a shame that you have to include sex in your blogs. If you ever decide to write without the obscenities, you would go far. I was horribly shocked to read that you are a foster parent. It appears that the majority of your time is spent on thinking about sex. This is NOT normal. Please get some help.

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Some people.

Evan, don't let narrow minded people (such as the person(s) above me conveniently hiding behind the safe confines of anonymity) discourage you, love. You're a good person and when all is said and done, that's what matters.

Drew said...

It's clear that the first 'anonymous' post( and perhaps the second) was from the birth parent of the foster who complained about your blog. So pay them no mind.

I first thought of saying mean things about them, but realized I should follow my own advice and ignore him/her.

As Aimee says you're a good person and bad people are always going to try to bring you down to their levels. Remain good.

People like you Evan. You have lots of friends because you are a good person. Your son looks up to you because you're somebody to look up to.

Sorry I hope I make sense. I just want to say I like you, I liked your blog and I don't want you to change who YOU are because of somebody else... Though that said I can understand you changing your blog because of matters beyond your control.

Anonymous said...

If Evan is so innocent, why is it that he removed all of his bloggings from Shade and Sweetwater and About Last Night? Sure, there are people who like Evan. Unfortunately, Evan does not like himself and is searching for answers through perverted sexual conduct when the answer to all of his heartaches and turmoil is something that Jesus can only provide. As it stands, you are possessed by a demon which is causing you to behave in such a manner. The only hope for you is to turn to Jesus and ask Him to cast the demon out of you. Another thing you can try is to either think or say, depending on the circumstances, "Get thee behind me Satan. I rebuke you. God, please send my holy angel to stand by my side." I'm sorry that you had such a troublesome childhood. I'm sorry about who and what your father was/is. I'm sure you would have turned out to be an entirely different person had you been raised by truly Godly parents. It is NOT your fault that your parents exposed you to the things that have caused you to become the person you are today. I am certain there is alot of pain in your heart and mind. For the sake of your children, please seek the Lord in prayer and beg for deliverence from this horrible obsession you have. Simply pray, "God. I am having trouble believing that you exist at all. I am convinced that I have done so many wrong things that there is no hope for me. Your word promises me that you will help me if I believe. I don't have the faith to believe that you will help me. Please give me the faith that I need to believe. You allowed me to exist in this world. Surely you don't want me to be miserable. Without your intervention, I know that I will not be included in your heavenly kingdom. I am giving my problems to you and asking you to please help me. Please manifest yourself to me in such a powerful way that I cannot doubt whatsoever that you do indeed exist and that you care about me and my family. As it stands, I simply do not have the faith. In Jesus name I beg this of you. Amen." I will pray for you and your family. You are missed dearly by your foster children. This was not done to hurt you, your children, your foster children or your wife. Please believe that. A mother's love is to blame. I'm certain you are just as protective of your children when it comes to particular things.

Unknown said...

non-Aimee "anonymous" #1: A. there were no porno sites linked to Shade and Sweet Water. And no pictures of any children, foster or otherwise, were put anywhere else. B. Prior to all of this, my children did not know any of my blogs existed, so they wouldn't have searched for them to show their friends. C. I'm glad you point out all the lawmakers that were emailed, because they already looked and came to the conclusion that there wasn't anything to prosecute. D. I'm neither an alcoholic nor a drug abuser. 3-4 drinks per week isnt alcoholism, and I had vicodin for PAIN from my surgery. Anyone who knows me in real LIFE knows how ridiculous that is: between pneumonia, a new baby, cancer and caring for eight kids, when would I have time for all these things? aboutlastight was a fantasy blog. And I'd love to know where I said I was lily white.
#2: thanks for the compliment on my writing ability. I didn't write about sex on any blogs associateed with my kids, nor did my kids have access to any of my writings.
#3: I removed my old bloggings from both blogs at the urging of my supervisors at the foster agency. AboutLastNight is remining as-is forever. Shade and Sweet Water will slowly be having all of its posts returned except for those that had pictures of foster kids or detailed discussion about them. Whatever my sexual conduct, the children weren't exposed to it, and that's all that matters. You can try and pass judgement on me morally all you want, but that doesn't change this fact. regardless, what you did hurt me, my children, my foster children and my wife, so you failed on all of those fronts.