Wednesday, February 01, 2006

School Work

Had my first meeting of Religion in Film on Monday. We watched Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors--my first time with this movie. Not bad. Even though I already own some of the remaining movies we'll be watching this term, I'm really looking forward to seeing them and putting them into the context of the course: Grand Canyon; Changing Lanes (ok, I might not be looking forward to being Afflecked as much as the rest); Magnolia (another I actually haven't seen; Jacob's Ladder; Breaking the Waves; Do the Right Thing; Before the Rain; and Three Kings (I'd rather see how he tackles other Russell films such as Spanking the Monkey or I heart Huckabees).

We're allowed to bring guests to the movie nights, so Chris, or other local readers, if you ever want a Monday night out from the daily hum-drum, you're welcome to come along.

No comments: