Monday, March 20, 2006
An Existential Moment
I was going to ask this question and ask folks to respond in the comment field with their answers, but realized I would likely not get any of my anonymous lurkers to respond. However, if after you make your choice on the poll you want to share with me what you chose, and even why you chose it, I would love to see what discussion could arise from this.
I'll reveal the why later (and there are no clues to this answer in my intelligence post), but if someone asked me this question today, I'd choose "stupid."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Alright, I'll bite. I voted and while I'm not proud of my vote, it was honest. I chose mean. I've spent most of my life feeling ugly due to low self esteem and I'm seriously tired of being poor. I can't choose stupid just because of the stigma my father has attached to that word for me and that just left mean. I mean, hey, if I'm beautiful, rich and smart I can buy plenty of friends. :)
^^ That's an excellent answer. And I have to agree with Shel on the low self-esteem and being poor.
Personally, I wouldn't want to choose any of them, but if I had to, I suppose I'd go with stupid. Playing stupid is something I already excel at, not that I'm saying I'm stupid, I'm not. And I'm not talking stupid in the way that you were referring to in your previous post. It's more of a defensive stupid, kind of like, if I pretend I don't understand, it couldn't possibly hurt me.
So yeah, stupid.
I chose mean. I guess this is mainly because I've often seen in the world, that mean people can get ahead in life as they don't care who they step on or crush on the way. That's not something I can do, but I see the benefit.
I suppose I also chose it because I've never been poor and don't want to experience that, I'm... well I'm attractive and am really not prepared to give that up, and I'm already stupid in some areas (I've accepted that I'll never learn to count) and sometimes, I guess I do wish I could be a little meaner, or at least have the assertiveness that oft times goes with being mean. Yeah, that's more it than anything.
I choose ugly. I figured I've been living with it so far and it hasn't been all that bad.
Although, the more I think about it I should have picked stupid. If it's stupid enough perhaps life would be much, much simpler. You know, ignorance and bliss and all of that.
I'd be Ugly.
While I totally agree with Adj's points on being mean. And mean people don't care about being mean...
I like being nice. Being Nice to me is one of the ways I get to be happy. When I do a good deed, it gives me a warm fuzzy.
Being Poor Sucks. If there's one thing I've learnt from my Dad, it's the power of money. And I also learnt it last year when I was unemployed. Poor Sucks.
Stupid is also not an option. My family often make me feel stupid and I don't like it.
So it's ugly. I'd rather be smart then pretty. It was only recently( as I lost weight) that I started looking myself in the mirror. I consider myself plain at best to begin with( and short) so I don't mind ugly.
Heck Bill Gates is a smart, rich ugly person and he seems to do alright for himself.
I chose poor because I was thinking of all of those I figure poor tends to be the most transitory. And while I appreciate money quite a bit, I can survive without a lot of it...
Could we come swim in your pool if we were ugly or mean-hearted. Or too poor to bathe?
Post a Comment