Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sniffle

I have a cold and sore throat and it sucks sucks sucks.

My great friend Aimee sent me a tin of chocolatey goodness for no reason other than "just because" and it was the perfect week for it. Those cherry cordial Hershey kisses are the best.

Got my first batch of this semester's papers yesterday, which will likely make me even more taciturn over the coming weeks on top of the last post (which I still won't be detailing right now. You can always e-mail me and if you're someone I feel I can/would turn to for support, I'll get back to you). I also learned he wants me working for him over the summer (a first) which is super groovy. Our pocketbook needs all the help it can get these days.

Anyway, I need to really find a positive focus for my mind right now.

TV Time:
Miss Sultry Voice (I guess her real name's Melissa McGhee) got voted off the American Idol island last night. She was one of my favorite voices, but she should have learned all her lyrics.

Three more people dead in 24 in two weeks. Wowies. Sopranos is back with a wee little bang. I'm trying to figure out the logic for keeping Junior alive all this time to begin with...

Scrubs...ah my darling Scrubs. Hilarious. Nice to see JD finally get the upper hand on Janitor.

I would complain about the whole no Survivor for two weeks crap we have this month, but a far better Survivor (Pearl Islands) has been rerunning three episodes every Wednesday on OLN, so I'm more than fed enough islandy goodness.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I have a cold too, a wicked one--one that seemed to be on it's way out and turned back around and gave me a swift kick to the behind. Dratted thing.

I'm happy the kisses gave you some happiness, Evan, I truly am. And I'm glad they made it your way too because Hershey's doesn't make it easy to track an order. They actually make you call (can you believe that? Ugh), and since I'm the lazy sort, I was dragging my feet on that one.

As to your last post, I'm here for you, Evan. Anytime for anything.

I liked Melissa's voice too, but she done messed up, and people are too unforgiving. In all honesty, Kevin should've gone home, but he has that cute factor that I just don't get so he'll stick around even though his voice gets on my nerves.

Don't watch 24, don't watch Scrubs, and amazingly have never watched an episode of Survivor (ever).

But I enjoyed the Sopranos and that show that came on after it was pretty good too, though I couldn't tell you the name of it if my life depended on it.

Alright, now that I've babbled on, I'll go ahead and zip it.

Aimee

Shel said...

I liked Melissa too, well mostly her boobs and her tummy, but I agree that messing up the lyrics was a death sentence. How can Kevin not even have made it in the bottom three? I do have to say though that him singing Part Time Lover had me rolling on the floor with tears in my eyes. It was almost worth a pity vote, almost. It is past time for him to go. I kind of feel bad for the contestants this year. A lot of tough competition.

Kisses with cherry cordials? Yummm gonna have to see about finding some of those.

Unknown said...

This is my first season of Idol, so I've no quality comparison. HATE Chicken Little. HATE that Ace is going to go far (despite his bottom three standing last night) on looks alone.

I'm gunning for Chris Daughtrey and Katherine McPhee myself; they're both great.

Aimee, the show after Sopranos was "Big Love" and I really dug it as well.

Adj said...

My brother and I actually cheered when we realized JD totally outmaneuvered the janitor. It's about time! My favourite line of the episode though was definitely; "JD, its... that black doctor you hang out with all the time." LOL!

I love Scrubs :)