This past Sunday's nerdgames was completely demoralized due to the absence of 5 of 8 players. It was RObert's one weekend a month with his daughter, so he was out-of-town with her visiting his mom. Kenn was still in England visiting his girlfriend. Chris and Chrissy didn't come for various reasons and Ian made a brunch date he "couldn't" get out of (his moving away date has moved up to mid-April too, the jerk).
This left me, Paul and Terry to face Denise's plans (plans which, per typical Denise were perhaps too strong for us to face were we all there). All I have to say to my fellow nerds who couldn't/wouldn't/didn't come: you missed out on a buttload of xp.
(We then also had to cancel the weekly Deadlands because Paul made a date with his girlfriend, Robert & Kenn were still gone...)
I really really needed the escapist outlets this weekend, so I'm glad Denise kept her game going despite the turn-out, and I'm glad I got to go out to the movies.
Also taught Denise and the Chrisses how to play Munchkin Saturday after the movie.
Monday, March 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
ohhh I LOVE Munchkin. One of my co-workers brought it in and we play it at lunch usually once a month or so.
I love the Chicken on the Head curse. Its so silly.
We played Munchkin Bites. I don't actually have the original one
Remind me if you want any of the munchkins....
As I'm going to be sending you the tee, I can send you a munchkin or two if you tell me what you need or want.
Me- I prefer the Grave Robbers series and was very glad me and a friend roped a Newbie( someone who just stopped into the store) into Halfing Barbarians...
In fact in true geek fashion... I bought the Alex Ross JLA VS. boxes because they're pretty cool looking. I then found out on a lark that the much smaller Grave Robbers fit 1 deck per box. So even though they're for a like 60 card deck of Vs. I was able to get the 120 decks in each of the four boxes.
(Halflings, Grave Robbers, GRII, and Bellbottom Badasses... FYI)
SOOOO if I should ever travel to a convention or a geek friend's house, I can bring Grave Robbers in a handy metal box.
And glad to hear you had a good Nerd day.
So jealous. So very, very jealous.
Thanks Drew, but I'm happy with the 3 Munchkins I do have (Bites, Fu and Super), though I could use the Halfling Barbarians edition of Grave Robbers.
What's to be jealous of Trav?
That you geek at all. I haven't gamed in a million zillion years.
ah, trav, my friend... nerdiness REALLY is its own reward=)
Sorry Trav. I guess I'll hold off on sharing excitement about the superhero-y nerdyness we have planned for Saturday
Don't you dare! I have to appease my inner geek through someone.
Post a Comment