I am neither Republican nor Democrat, though I have been both. I believe we, the people, have lost the way.
When
I was much younger my grandparents taught me to fish and to hunt
(slingshot, bow, gun) and how to care for and respect my gear. I've also
actually experienced a high school shooting; I know the feeling of
abject terror, of people gunned down and still I do not support the idea
of removing the right of the populace to own guns. Because crazy and
evil, they still find a way. It's time we worked on the crazy and evil
of the world, and stopped focusing on tools.
I do not care who
you do or do not believe in. The odds are extremely high it isn't the
same as me. And I'm all right by that. And it's ok with me if you talk
about your faith--as long as you understand the difference between
talking about your faith and proselytizing. And don't take my acceptance
of your faith as an agreement with it.
I believe drugs should be
decriminalized. This does not make me a druggie. It makes me someone
who believes people should be able to do whatever they like to their own
bodies without our impediment. I think we should all recognize our own
high horses and cast aside our alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, prescription
drugs, sweets, sex, internet and Indian casinos before we think it's at
all not hypocritical to judge drug users for their use and addictions.
I
wholly support a woman's right to choose. I also expect any woman I am
with to accept that while I am Pro-Choice, if a fetus of mine were ever
aborted, our relationship would be aborted with it.
I am a member
of the LGBTQA community and that's my business, as who you choose to
spend your days with is yours. I believe in equality in all ways for all
people, not in all ways for some people and some ways for none.
I
believe the world is decidedly short on people who are logical, who
believe in personal accountability (and practice it) for their actions
and feelings, who are trying to make the world in any way a better place
and that it is long on people who are selfish and willfully ignorant.
I
am who I am and I work on the issues I see in myself. If a person can't
take this, they can go with my blessing. My promise is this: whatever I
believe, I will endeavor to not be a dick to you. All I expect back is the same.
Peace out.
Sunday, September 02, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment