Yesterday I posted that Pushing Daisies would end without an allowance for an ending that somewhat actually wraps the show. Today Jason has posted new news somewhat updating that post from "no wrap-up" to "somewhat hurried and sucky wrap-up." I want a wrap-up, but choosing between sucky and none isn't fun. I almost wish this week's episode had been the end. Not tidy, but closure and new possibilities both occur, which could have provided us with a Very Veronica Mars Ending.
Tribal council for Survivor last night entertained me muchly. Similar to my Amazing Race post, my first round pick is still hanging in there, but will she make it to the end and win? Nah.
A lot of my silence this year has just been a mounting sense of gloom, that grew more than not with many passing days (that's right, I go with the abrupt subject change now instead of working in a transition; we'll blame it on post modernism) and my desire to not write myself as an overly whiney whinerson. In all that, I've had a lot of friends put themselves out there/here for me. Some of them ended up being more talk than not, but I don't hate them for it, I get that "If there's anything you need" and "I'm here for you" are actually canned responses we give when we're expected. So shrug. Some of them/you, though, really were there for me, so thanks. I love you guys for it.
Am I the only person who think it would actually be better for the motor industry if the government doesn't directly bail them out? Rather, the money could be set aside to redeem vouchers given to lower and middle class Americans to purchase brand new cars only from the motor companies in trouble: it would help the motor companies, stimulate the economy and help to replace old, less ecofriendly cars with newer enviro-friendly(er) vehicles. This thought was the adaptation of my recent "instead of bailing out the rich again, why not use that money to forgive every student loan and free those kids up to spend their money on the economy instead of on bills." I love imagining I'm not so naive that I can just fix the economy if I were given the power.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alright. Yes, the 2nd message in eons that I'm going to post about is television. I'm shallow. Accept it.
I got way too much pleasure out of Survivor this season and I'm pleased as punch that Bob won, even if Sugar is a hottie. I really wished you lived closer so we could get together and hang out on crap tv night. :)
I am so freaking pissed about Pushing Daisies. I won't even get started. Did you hear he entertained finishing it in comic book form? grrrrr......
Post a Comment